Search This Blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

Out and about

I love the outdoors and all the adventure it has to offer, along with the tranquillity and beauty. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like because of problems related to my hip replacement - I have a big steel bar in my right leg. The pain when I woke up was indescribable and was terrible for a long time. Now I'm having trouble with my knees. I've piled on weight through not being able to exercise and that's making my knees worse. BUT when I manage to get on my quad and go for a spin down to the river every problem drifts away as the engine burbles beneath me. I don't go fast; I want this feeling to go on for a long time, as long as possible.

So for all my problems I'm lucky enough to have a quad and a place to ride it! I've also got a dirtbike, but I'm a bit wobbly to ride that, which is a shame. What I'm saying is get out there while you have the chance and don't just march or cycle as fast as you can take in the nature notice the clear air as you breathe and keep your eyes open for any wildlife you might come across. I keep intending to write a piece on how to spot where an animal has been and where it goes, but that's for another time. We live on a beautiful planet, enjoying it is the greatest thing we can do and the more we enjoy it the more we'll share it and look after itself. Have fun out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment