Search This Blog

Monday 10 February 2014

Little Peckers

I love watching birds - local ordinary birds. I'll not go half way across the country to see a rarity, but I love birds. As such I have fed them in my garden, going so far as to put different seeds out to appeal to different birds, and even fruit on a little makeshift table. One thing I have never managed to succeed with is the window feeder. I have tried different windows and different seeds, all to no avail. That is until now. Living in farm surroundings attracts masses of birds, so I thought I'd give it one more try and it works - I have a front row seat for our wonderful garden birds! One thing confused me in that some of the birds would land on a different ledge to the food and start pecking the window. Apparently it is because they see their reflections and don't recognise themselves, so they peck at their enemy imposter in an effort to drive it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment